Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Monday, April 27, 2020

I have not forgotten about this blog.

Dear Reader,

I have been struggling with trying to come up with content. It's been hard to find the time to focus on it when there has been a morning full of distance learning, an evening full of chores, and weekends filled with familial duties. I am mildly depressed right now, which does not contribute anything good towards creative work of any kind.

I appreciate your patience and your tolerance of my struggles to get back to writing on here. In the spiritual sense, my life is interesting in ways that I don't find pleasant. I have had to boost my wards and defensive measures about my home. The spirits of the restless dead have become more present as more people die in my region. There are many who were not shepherded into death and they find their way to me (and I'm sure other necromancers who are like me) to be pointed in the direction of their afterlife. The constant psychic pressure on the borders of my home makes it hard for me to sleep or focus.

I just go blank and feel almost claustrophobic. And that's before you get into the empathic effects. So much agony and grief echoing through out the world, it makes it really hard to be a ray of sunshine. It just rolls over you in waves and you feel like your drowning even though you're on dry land. Again, this stuff is why I boosted my wards and defensive measures. It is part of the reason why I have been more focused on the 'mundane' side of life.

When you open up that special bit of your soul that touches the other side of the veil and it's chaos there, it gets hard to seek out insight. Something that Flame-hair told me was that I shouldn't push myself too hard and just learn to go with the ebb and flow of it all. He says that I will find a rhythm that will propel me back into a working headspace. I hope so. Because right now it is all grind away at the whetstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment