Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Life Update.

Dear Reader,

It's been a challenging month. August looks to be equally challenging for various reasons. I've been really struggling with my complex posttraumatic stress disorder over the last several weeks. It's been hard to nail down what has been triggering the flashbacks but I'm working on it. My kids have kept me busy with things like daily walks to the park when they get home from summer school and the general business of our daily affairs. Last weekend we celebrated my younger son's birthday (a little late because he had Fifth disease and was unwell for a week) and that party went well though it took some of the starch out of me.

Monday, I had my monthly appointment with my psychiatrist. We discussed my c-ptsd issues. He suspects that one of my anxiety medications is not working properly. He's ordered a test to figure out what medications work well for me and what ones we should avoid. Once we have the results, I suspect there is going to be a medication change. It's been a difficult time dealing with these flashbacks. It has been messing with my sleep and mood accordingly. I'm hopeful that this test will help me avoid something like hospitalization to adjust my medications.

But, suffice it to say, I have wanted to be posting but struggling to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment