Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Is the Filianic community a victim of Covid-19?

Dear Reader,

With the dwindling of activity across social media by the various branches of the Filianic community, one is left wondering if Covid-19 and all the attendant pressures have strangled the faith community. I do not believe that Filianism or Déanism are going to go away anytime soon. I do believe, however, that the community is going through a collective 'dark night of the soul' due to the ongoing tragedies of Covid-19 and more around the world.

I think that activity will pick up again. I think that seekers who desire to learn about Our Lady will find their sources of wisdom and the harmonious path forward, guided by She whom they seek. For my part, I will endeavor to resume daily posting here and on Tumblr. The last few months have been exceedingly busy with distance learning work for my children. We're beginning to find a schedule that works for them while school isn't officially in session. I will be including time for writing in it.

No one but the gods know how this is going to work going forward. I suspect that autumn will find the schools operating on a combination of distance learning and in-session work. I believe that it will be less labor intensive than the spring turned out to be. Déa willing, we may find a good balance between our family needs and our personal ones.

I know, however, that Filianism and Déanism will endure the troubles that are about us. We have the advantage of beginning as a virtual community and, with some determined effort, we can remain a solid community despite the challenges we face. Time management and coordination will help us keep the vibrant light of this faith burning in the world. Our faith is simple and yet profoundly deep. Let us remember that we are like water. It flows over, around, and through that which would block its path. Like water, we shall remain and flow in harmony with Our Lady's love no matter what comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment