Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Monday, June 29, 2020

Monday is the day I pray to Déa in all her forms.

Dear Reader,

First off, I am using the new blogger format to write this post. If it seems a bit wonky, please let me know and I will attempt to adjust.

I have this habit of praying the Filianic Rosary every Monday. I figure it is Sai Candrë's day and an auspicious day to set aside some time strictly for reciting the rosary. I have three different versions of the rosary that I pray. The first is similar to the Catholic rosary and my focus is upon the Bright Mother, Marya. The second is similar to the Anglican rosary and my focus is upon the Daughter, Anna. The third is a garland of 100 beads and my focus is upon the Dark Mother, Deam Mysterium.

My prayers alternate between what I need for my family and what I feel the world needs. Lately, I have been praying for the healing of Covid-19, the abolishment of the ICE detention centers here in the USA, and for the world's economy to strengthen again and everyone have what they need for their fiscal security and well being. Where one would regularly state the meditative focus at the beginning of a decade of the Catholic rosary on the Our Father bead, for example, and meditate upon a holy mystery, I state the need and meditate upon that as I pray. This can also be used with the Anglican style rosary when one reaches the beginning of the next septad when they are at the cruciform bead. For Filianic and Déanic usage, obviously, the Our Father bead would be an Our Mother bead.

Copies of my versions of these prayers can be found in my book Garlands of Grace: Filianic Rosary Meditations. The ones that are influenced by Christian heritage are fairly obviously in it because it shapes the structure of the prayers and their order. Garlands of Grace is a companion book to Rose Petals: A Filianic Psalter. In the latter portion of Rose Petals, there is a version of the Filianic rosary that is based off of the Catholic rosary. It is a bit different from the version that you can find at the Chapel of Our Mother God. 

I have passing familiarity with the Janite tradition's rosary practices. They were so kind as to organize a very informative page that just happened to include a link and copy of a previous post of mine on this topic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment