Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Sunday, November 8, 2020

NaBloPoMo 7: It's officially 30 years now.

 Dear Reader,

It's official as of last night around 5pm, I've been practicing witchcraft for 30 years now. I just had my 42nd birthday. I was reviewing some old notes in my book of shadows and realized they dated back 30 years. The whole thing is a disorganized mess. I'm probably going to sit down and attempt to make sense of it. It wanders through various topics with spells written down next to historical research, with devotional drawings and poetry scattered through out.

I don't know where I'm going to start on organizing this mass of paperwork. You know those good sized file boxes that have the lid with a handle that snaps down on it? I could fill two of them with my notes. I know that organizing my book of shadows is going to be a big project that will help me get things sorted out. I have tried a few times in the past and it didn't work out so well. I got overwhelmed and gave up. A part of me says I should work on it now, but I'm doing this blogging challenge across five blogs and writing a novel. (Almost at 20k words on the novel, the goal is 50k by the end of the month.)

I think I'm going to get myself organized next year (as per the Julian calendar) and work on it through out the year. I have an equally large project that I need to work on through out the year, organizing my notes and background work for the fantasy series that I am writing. I have almost as many years worth of notes kicking around here for that too. I figure 15 minutes on each every day shouldn't be too big of a bite out of my day and I can get it sorted out by the end of the year. I don't think that is overly optimistic. I may be wrong. I'm still a little feverish and not thinking quite clearly. But, I was able to get a full night of sleep with out coughing myself awake last night. So I am definitely on the mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment