Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

NaBloPoMo 1: What is this?

 Dear Readers,

I have fallen out of the habit of regular blogging. NaBloPoMo is a casual challenge to bloggers to blog every day for the month of November. I invite my fellow bloggers to take up this challenge and spend the month sharing what is on your mind and the things you enjoy.

This is different from other blogging challenges because there is no meme beyond "just write a post every day" and the themes are left completely open ended. Some people write fiction. Others write poetry. And there was one person I knew who wrote reviews of anime that she watched. The choice of what to write is completely yours.

Now that I have explained National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo), let me share with you the sister project that I am involved with for the seventh year in a row. That is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). The goal of NaNoWriMo is to write a book (not necessarily a novel) by the end of the month. Initially, I was thinking I wasn't going to be able to do NaNoWriMo this year because of all the things going on around me right now. Then, last night as I was staring at the computer trying to wind down from my busy day, a novel storyline struck me and I started writing. Now, if you write 1677 words every day, you will have a small (50k words) novel by the end of the month.

Again, I invite the writers and would be writers out there to join me in this madness. As a fellow author said, there's a book inside everyone, everyone has a story to tell. And another author told me this gem: everything that happened to you is yours, if people wanted to be cast in a better light then they should have treated you better. So if you're considering an autobiographical novel, write it. No one said you had to publish. And if you decide to publish, no one said you couldn't use a pen name.

Don't worry, there will be witchy content on here. I just had to use my first post of the month (a few days late) to get everyone up to speed with what is going on right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment