Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Thursday, March 18, 2021

Update: I'm not avoiding writing, I'm just exhausted.

 Dear Reader,

Life has thrown a bunch of curve balls over the last few weeks. One of my boys injured his eye (thankfully it was a minor injury and he's fully recovered), the school had a major meeting regarding my other son, and there's been a ton of issues popping up over the last few weeks like my shower attempting to come apart as we were using it. I've been trying to stay on top of the cleaning I had planned but it's a mess all over again because I have boys and I am in a depressive episode. Beloved's doing his best to help but the whole situation is like shoveling snow in a blizzard.

I get to where I have time to write and the words just go 'poof' and I'm left feeling exhausted and kinda dead inside because of the depression. I want to write, but it's really hard. I am trying to keep pushing forward but it's exhausting. I apologize for the fact that I wasn't able to provide you with regular content over the course of the last month or so. Time kinda blurs together and it's a bit hard for me to remember what day it is. 

Being disabled is awful and I don't wish it on anyone. Having an invisible disability like mental illness or a chronic medical condition that make is hard for you to keep up with daily tasks is awful. On your good days, you might forget for a moment that you've got to conserve your proverbial spoons so you have the energy to stay on top of things later. The problem with being disabled in the fashion that I am is your energy levels fluctuate on a daily basis and what you were able to accomplish the day before may leave you exhausted the next day on top of the spoon deficit you may wake up with because you didn't sleep well/stress/anxiety/ect.

I'm trying to keep moving forward but I am very tired and downhearted. I haven't forgotten you all. I keep my readership in my prayers for your well being and my expressions of gratitude for your companionship. I just ask that you bear with me a little bit longer. I'm sure this depressive episode will lift eventually and I'll be able to get back to posting daily again. Right now, this is the best I can manage. Please forgive me if it is dissatisfactory or not enough. I'm trying my hardest to do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment