Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Friday, June 10, 2022

Update time.

 Dear Reader,

It's been a while since I have posted. I have been under going a protracted period of mental health difficulties. The largest problem has been sleep. Failure to get a good night of sleep is challenging for neurotypical people. Sleep deprivation is awful. (It's even considered a form of torture under the Geneva Convention.) But, my malfunctioning brain is not letting me sleep all the way through the night. I've been working with my doctor to get this sorted out.

If you've been keeping score, this has been a problem since last August. About then is when there was a steep decline in posting. This is not because I plan on discontinuing the blog or anything else like that. It is simply because I have been so tired that functioning on a daily basis has been a struggle. Anything beyond the bare minimum to get through the day is an ordeal because I am so tired that I can't think straight.

Throw on top of this the challenges of being a parent to two teenagers with educational needs and stuff like other family obligations, blogging fell to the bottom of the list of things to do at terminal velocity. My difficulties thinking clearly has lead to challenges coming up with content for you. I can't remember what I have done already and I can't find my notes on what I wanted to do (because in my last hypomanic cleaning binge I threw that notebook away because it was full and I couldn't think of any reason why I needed to hang on to it. Hypomania sucks, y'all.)

I deeply appreciate your patience and your readership. I hope to start posting again soon. I have a new notebook and I'm beginning to get organized again. Mental health is treated like a luxury disease that if you're rich you can afford treatment. Us regular stiffs are stuck slogging it out and if we're lucky we find at least one good doctor to help us. (I got tremendously lucky after years of bad luck on that front and my psychiatrist is awesome.)

I'm attempting to get the paperback books that are published ready for republication in hardback format. There's some minor editing that needs to happen, but it's hard to work on it when you can't concentrate because all you want to do when you sit still is take a nap. I've gone through lots of coffee. The end result of that is I'm tired but I can vibrate through space and time. Still working with the doctor to figure out the silver bullet for this problem. As of right now, I'm working my way through a medication change. It's a bit weird and not fully addressing the problem. I have a feeling it is going to be a few weeks before we have this fully sorted out if not a month.

I'm still working behind the scenes when I have the energy for it. Next week, gods willing, I will have up on Friday a critical analysis of one of the first works in the Opera Omnia of the Madrian Orders. (It's come to my attention that hosting for the Society for Filianic Studies has lapsed but if you use The Wayback Machine site, you can get their last capture for the website that will cover almost everything on the site. And I believe the books are still available on Lulu.com. I will check and note if they are with a foot note to this post.) Also, next Monday, I am going back to the Runes dealing with the rune of chance, Pertho. I'm still working on generating content for the other days of the week. 

~*~*~*~*~*~
The books and other materials that were published by the Society for Filianic Studies are still available on Lulu.com and you have to use the search word 'filianic' to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment