Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Friday, October 13, 2023

Too many tarot decks? Naw, not enough shelves!

 Dear Reader,

My collection of tarot decks has invaded the living room. I have a box that I keep them in but it is so full it can't close. (For a former box to hold Legos, that's kinda impressive.) I look at my bookshelves and find they're filled to the point of bursting. And so a pile of tarot decks rove around the living room like a Roomba searching for dog poop to scatter everywhere. (I swear from what I have heard and seen, those things are on 'seek and destroy' mode with that.)

Some days, I ask myself why I have so many when I only need is one. And then I sit down and start looking at the artwork. They're all lovely decks for so many artistic reasons. I will peruse the internet to look at the art styles that are popular in current decks. Next thing you know, I have acquired one more deck for the pile. Some would say I have a problem with hording tarot decks. Others would say that I am curating an artistic legacy. All I know is that I love these cards and I need a better storage solution than an old Lego box. I'm considering a rolling cart with drawers. I think I could fill up a small one. If I do that, Beloved is going to laugh at me. But, then I won't have tarot decks everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment