Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Thursday, December 13, 2018

No video this week.

Due to my recovering from the flu, I am not making a video post this week. My home's a disaster, my voice sounds like a frog at the bottom of the well, and I'm still pretty burned out from the flu.

I did, however, want to point out something special that is coming up.

There is going to be a full moon on the winter solstice. If you are sensitive to that sort of thing, your life may be kinda interesting at the moment. The last winter solstice full moon was in 2010 and had a lunar eclipse. The next winter solstice full moon is in 2029 and an eclipse is anticipated for that one.

This is also the peak of the Geminid meteor shower today and tomorrow. The best time to look for meteors is in the dark hours before dawn when Gemini is in the sky. At peak, there is expected to be upwards of 100 meteors per hour. If you are viewing around midnight, you have the chance to see a comet as well.

There's a lot of interesting stuff going on in the sky over the next few weeks. I'm sure my astrologer and astronomer friends can agree that this stuff is pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. When you have the time, do you think you could explain how you see the relationship between Déa and the other gods in your practice (Loki, Freyr etc)? I got the impression from the Chapel website that Filianism was monotheistic, or at least in a similar way to Christianity and Hinduism with the concepts of the Trinity and different 'faces' of Déa. Are these other gods seen as sons of Déa in the same way as the Daughter Anna? Are they lesser gods than Her? Or are they entirely separate?

    ReplyDelete