Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Monday, December 31, 2018

Blessed Sai Herthe's Day!

Dear Reader,

I hope that this post finds you feeling well. It's been a challenging week over here at my house because everybody just had the flu and now the youngest has an ear infection. And I appear to be coming down with a vicious cold wherein I have already lost my voice two days in. If he and I are not doing much better after tomorrow, it will likely be a trip to the family doctor for both of us.

Sai Herthe's day is a day of purification. For me, it has been a day of cold medication and cleaning between bouts of napping. When I'm not doing either of the above, I have been trying to get my life organized for 2019. The way I see it, if I organize for things like for the storming of Normandy, I should be able to get stuff done despite pesky irritations like having a cold.

I have also resumed my habit of praying the rosary on Mondays. Life got complicated and I fell out of that habit over the last few months. So, it felt good to be doing so again this morning. My focus as I prayed today was for the healing of all in the world who are ill or unwell in any fashion.

It is my plan this evening before I go to bed to walk through the apartment with a candle bearing light into all the rooms with a prayer that with it comes Dea's blessings. I would burn incense also but even my lovely scented candle has been making me cough today. Still, I am going to ritually ask Dea's blessing over my home and for her to make us secure against all harm tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment