Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Book Progress Notes: The Unabridged Filianic Devotional

Dear Readers,

I have a project that is now almost ready for edits. It is a devotional book divided up by season. The first half of the book is a collection of devotional poems and prayers for the year based upon the days of the week and the holidays of the seasons. I have attempted to make this as complete of a list of holidays as I can. It's taken a bit of research, which was the longest part of this project. I tried to list all of the holidays for the major Filianic sects that are presently known to the public.

The second section of the book is a daily prayer journal with space for a single line entry for a given day. It is organized via the orthodox Filianic calendar, but in the appendix, I will be listing the alternate calendars I'm aware of and their correspondence with the orthodox Filianic calendar. I will also have a section denoting the differences in titles for the Janyati from the different publicly known sects.

I will not be writing prayers for every day of the year in the second section. I will, however, be making each weekly page of prayers have a quote from the Clear Recital. It is my hope to have this completed and off to the printer by Eastre.

I know that there are things that will be missing from this book. I ask that my readers contact me with what holy days are missing from this book so that the next edition is more complete. Currently, I am working on finishing up the first section of the text (which I am writing by hand). I'm almost to the beginning of Moura. I anticipate that the editing process will be relatively painless, provided I don't have another head cold. The month of Brighe is going to be a month of work for me but I think it will go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment