Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Monday, January 11, 2021

Untitled

 Dear Reader,

It has been a trying day in my neck of the woods. I have had my elder son home from school for the last week because he was sick. The school, in an abundance of caution, are not allowing students who have been ill back for in session classes until they have tested negative for Covid-19. The act of going essentially across the county to the hospital that is administering the tests wasn't that bad. The testing process wasn't too awful. My son was quite happy that it was faster than the last time he had to get the test done. 

He helped me run a few errands. And we got home in plenty of time to meet his brother when he got home from school. The boys had a fairly good afternoon. The difficulties today come out of the fact that I slept terribly last night. And the combo of black ice and snow at one intersection. (Thank the gods it was empty when I slid past the stop sign at 15 mph in a 30 mph zone, the roads were ugly this morning.) I just emotionally have been having a rough week.

I'm still furious with the Trump insurrection attempt. I am disgusted with the Asatru people who participated in it. I am livid with the people who have applauded from the sidelines. I am equally furious with the people who are attempting to be apologists for it. At the same time that I am consumed with this rage, I am depressed and disheartened. We were supposed to be better than that. We were supposed to be the bastion of democracy.

I am fearful for my country. I am fearful for my family. To some extent we can pass as a 'normal' family, we are what the Trump supporters hate. I am a disabled woman who happens to be on the mouthy side and with a bit of education behind my words. My husband and sons are autistic. We are not a 'normal' family. We're not Christian of any flavor. We're aggressively supportive of human rights for everybody (that includes all races, belief systems, and your status as a citizen). We are "liberal" in our political orientation.

We are at a point where things are complicated. It is a point where systems are breaking down egregiously. I am severely limited in what I can do to influence the situation. We live in a region where we are in the minority on politics. Trump has emboldened the racists and hateful people through out the country, including in my little backwater town. It has reached a point where I don't feel safe going out wearing my pretty scarves because of how people react. It's been this way for about two years now.

I don't get more harassment because I am white. If I weren't, I would be afraid for my physical safety. I grieve the country I grew up in. The country that didn't give Nazis the time of day. It's been revealed to me that was an illusion. I, the descendant of Joseph Knight, a Revolutionary War hero, must say that this country is not living up to its potential. It is not living up to the promises that had been made. 

When Donald Trump was elected, I said to my husband that we were witnessing the end of Pax Americana. Last week only shows that I am correct in this estimation. All, however, is not lost. When the god of mischief and chaos himself tells you, "Chin up. It's not over. You still have a chance. Keep fighting." it is a good thing to listen. He's not the driving force behind this mess. I am sure there are people who will try to pin this on the Lokeans and others who deal with chaos entities. I am sure there are people who will try to pin this on the Satanists. But the driving force behind this mess is neither the chaos entities or Satan.

The driving force behind this is simply hate. We can over come hate. We can defeat people who weave it. Pax Americana may have passed, but this need not be the decline of the Republic. Let us resist the hatred being spewed at us. Let us resist the divisive attempts to make us fight each other as the "moral majority" play the game of let's you and him fight. Put sand in the gears of war. Bind up the wounds of your neighborhood. And drive out the ones who seek to destroy what truly makes this country worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment