Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Joyful news!

 Dear Reader,

Your purchase of The Clear Recital: The Children of Déa Version has funded the charity project that I have been itching to be working on. It was suspended temporarily due to Covid-19, but they're starting to look for preemie hats again. The white hat pictures is the size that would fit the head of a 3 - 5 lb premature baby. Preemies can have head sizes that range from that of a lemon to the size of a small grapefruit. Micro-preemies can have heads as small as a large chicken's egg. I use acrylic yarn because it is hypoallergenic and can be washed normally with out fears of anything bad happening to the hat. I crochet the hats because it makes for a thicker hat which helps keep the baby's head warmer (this helps them with regulating their bodily temperature). 

As I get more hats done I will try to post pictures of the progress I am making. The year before Covid-19 arrived on the scene and the program was suspended, I had produced a little over 50 hats. This year my goal is to double it. I may post my pattern (which can be enlarged to make simple hats for older children and adults by adding more rounds to the crown of the hat) later too. (And yes, my yarn bag says 'Happy Hooker' it makes the people at the spinning guild crack up every time I whip it out.)



No comments:

Post a Comment