Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Monday, February 24, 2020

Godspousery Notes: They're doing what??

Dear Reader,

I was feeling very frustrated the other day with things like having piles of housework to be done and being behind on my writing. I felt like I was setting myself up for failure with my plans for Moura. Then I was blown out of the water and left amazed by what Frey and Loki said to me. "We're going to do this with you."

I said to them that it was entirely unnecessary, after all they're gods and they've got all kinds of other things to do. Practicing a month/season of discipline and work on self-improvment wasn't something I figured they'd have to do. Well, that was the wrong response to have.

Loki openly laughed at me when I said that. Laughed to the point that I thought he was going to sprain something. Frey was actually irritated with me. That doesn't happen too frequently. (Well, it sort of does, but usually its because I'm forgetting to take care of myself.)

Frey then said something that blew my mind again. "How can gods improve at what they do if they do not work on improving themselves? They become static figures and shadows of what they are if they do not continually push themselves to keep up with humanity and the world. There is always something new to challenge even gods."

That got me to thinking about Déa and the entire mythos of the Daughter. It really is a story about deity changing and improving to help the world. So, while the Daughter is on her journey into the Netherworld, I have Loki and Frey with me practicing self discipline and meditating on things like transformation. This leaves me even more curious about what the relationship between these gods are. Especially considering the mythos around Frey. Maybe they'll explain that to me some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment