Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Saturday, September 19, 2020

Godspousery Notes: Time to Rest Is Ok.

 Dear Reader,

I've been struggling with guilt over the fact that I have low energy right now. Freyr made a point of telling me that it's ok to rest when you're feeling tired. He reminded me that I was not obligated to spend every waking moment 'working' on something. It's a virtue trap that I fall into on a pretty regular basis. I feel like I must be working on something to prove that I am a good and productive person. Freyr reminded me that my productivity does not determine my value. 

It's hard to keep that sort of thing in mind with the over-culture's attitude that productivity is moral good. There's subtle messages all over the place that tells us that we must be productive some how. They tell us that we're not allowed hobbies for the sake of the joy of them, we must turn them into some form of money making scheme for them to have "real value". The "grind" culture is slowly breaking us. We are not machines. We can not push forward all the time. Somtimes we just have to stop and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment