Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Work in Progress.

 Dear Reader,

I was unable to wait until my hardcopy of the New Celestial Union Version of the Clear Recital arrived to start reading the Eastminster Critical Edition of the Clear Recital and of the Oxonian Rite. The ECE is just so pretty, I couldn't help myself. I was astonished to find how much that The Gospel of Our Mother God left out. I recognize that they are seeking to condense a great deal of material down to an easier to digest level for the general practitioner of that sect of Filianism/Déanism. At the same time, I can't help but find it intellectually dishonest that they left out things like the primary guidance for conduct and behavior (The Crystal Tablet) and edited the wisdom texts to leave out details that make them more suited to personal reflection.

I have realized that what I have been doing in the light of the lack of information was establishing another sect of Filianism. I'm realizing that my critical analysis of the available texts and work on putting them into context with what I practice is going to result in yet another version of the Clear Recital. My view on the Clear Recital is that it is like a crystal with many facets. Each sect of the Filianic and Déanic faiths are a facet of this crystal given to us by Déa. It is our job as scholars and theologians within our respective sects to polish the facet facing us so that it might most clearly reflect and show forth the light of Déa.

It is a holy document filled with good guidance and great wisdom for the children of Déa. I believe it is inspired by Déa and it must be interpreted through the human lens of faith and wisdom to reach the core truths. Déa is infailable and complex. We, however, are failure prone and lack the vision of Déa to see the core truths where they can be applied universally. Thus, we must review and consider the holy texts carefully, we must consult with each other and share what we have learned so that we may dive deep into the holy texts and find the jewels of wisdom and beauty contained therein.

No comments:

Post a Comment