Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

The Feast of Lights (Lucaid)

 

Image courtesy of Markus Spiske at Pexels.com

Today is the Feast of Lights in the Filianic and Déanic community. It is a celebration of the light of the Daughter that is kindled within her as she steps onto the wheel of Fate and enters more directly into creation. It is considered to be the first of the Eastre feast days. It is also the final feast day of the season of Winter. Some Filianic traditions recognize this as the day that the Daughter is given governance over creation. In either case, the Daughter is honored this day as Princess of the World and Sacrificial Priestess. 

It is here that the journey into Moura begins. In my personal devotions, I say a rosary for Our Lady's blessing and protection of my household. I pour out wine for her and her Mother. I also invoke Déa's blessing upon the candles that I use through out the year so that their light may fully reflect her's in this world. I also spend some time in meditation upon the Scriptural passage that speaks of the Bright Mother giving her Daughter governance over creation and the Daughter's taking on of Fate.

I also begin the process of planning out what I will work on during Moura to strengthen my spiritual discipline and what I will give over to Déa in personal sacrifice for the month of Moura.


No comments:

Post a Comment