Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Friday, February 26, 2021

Regarding the Children of Déa version of The Clear Recital.

 Dear Reader,

It's been a wild couple of weeks. I have been working hard to find an alternate place where I could get hardback copies of the edition of The Clear Recital that I had worked on printed. I'm not having much luck. I'm still sifting through the many different sites that claim they can do it for me. I have considered contacting the evil empire of Llewellyn Books regarding this, but I am reluctant to pitch to them because they don't have the best track record with author treatment if you're not a big name.

I will be putting out a paperback edition and a digital edition via Kindle Direct Publishing (an Amazon company). I expect the digital edition to complete its review process by Monday. (Provided things are actually running smoothly over there.) The paperback edition should (theoretically) be available by the end of the week. I will be taking down the Lulu edition of the book by the end of the day today. I will be removing my other titles from Lulu as well and transferring them over to KDP. (There will be much clicking of buttons and expression of exasperation today.) As with this version of The Clear Recital, I anticipate that I should have it all sorted out by Monday.

I may be putting the .pdf of this up on Lulu. That is a very "iffy" point because the last time I did that, someone ripped off a copy of one of my books and slapped it up on a book piracy site. I will be setting this up so that it will be produced at a reasonable rate. As much as I find inspiration in the other editions of The Clear Recital, I can't in good conscience set the rate as high as I've seen them going on the market. (When a copy of the NCUV is $50.00 used, I know that the book is in high demand.) I will be forced by KDP to set a cost higher than what is over at Lulu right now because KDP's print costs are higher but they're also better quality for paperback.

A question that might arise is am I producing this for profit? I have the audacity to copyright this version and I will be producing it at a profit of $1.00 per book sold. The reason why this book is under copyright is to protect it from book piracy sites. I am putting the price at where it is to add to my argument that this rendition is the intellectual property of myself and those who worked with me on it. All proceeds from this book will be going towards charity work. I am still participating in the program where I make hats for preemie babies at the local NICU. I also have begun making scarves for the homeless. The funds raised by the sale of this book are earmarked for these two causes. I will not actually be profiting off these sales. Given the cost of yarn and labor to produce these goods, I will be actually at a net loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment