Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Monday, October 23, 2017

Divination Notes: New Moon Reading

Hello, dear Reader,

I have been desperately trying to think of ways to get back into the swing of doing writing work and such. One of the challenges I have been facing is how to get my practice doing divination more active. As a result of a minor brainstorm last week, I have decided to do a monthly reading for what I can expect out of the upcoming lunar cycle on the evening of the New Moon. After all, in the traditions that I was educated by, the New Moon is a particularly good time for things like divination.

I used a Celtic Cross spread. Given below are the cards and their positions. Also, my initial impressions of each card, as per my notes. Some of the impressions may make immediate sense. Others are more due to the deck I was using, which was the Witches's Tarot from Robin Wood. Those cards have some interesting twists on the iconography of the suits and such.

# Name Card Impression
1 Querent 1 of Pentacles New beginnings,
fertility & growth
2 Situation 9 of Pentacles New beginnings,
fertility & growth
3 Deep
Past
Lovers Marriage &
stability
4 Moderate
Deep
Past
6 of Wands Turning within
learning to find
words
5 Recent
Past
Queen of Cups The Good Mother,
spiritual wisdom,
priestess's work
6 Immediate
Future w/o
Changes
Princess of
Wands
Writing, new
beginning, listening
to inner self
7 House &
Home
The Sun Coming to know my
inner child
8 Hopes &
Fears
8 of Cups Inspiration, blessings
'My cup runneth over'
9 Fate's
Hand
Wheel of Fortune Knowing my many
selves, accepting change
the cycles of life
10 Outcome 9 of Swords battling 'false' self, hard
struggle with eventual
victory, 'lightning' - Tower?

After making my list of initial impressions, I consider the spread as a whole and the different parts of the reading in context. From this, I get my summary. For this reading my summary was the following:

Next month brings a lot of growth, new communication, and spiritual passages. Focus on self, relationships and work - writing & priestly/parental.

1 comment: