Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Feast day of Virgin of Guadalupe

Today is the feast day of the Our Lady of Guadalupe. Given how many in the Filianic and Déanic community have adopted imaged of her as icons of Dea, I think that it would be nice if we all took a moment to honor her. It may be as simple as lighting a candle or saying a small prayer of thanksgiving to Dea for this apparition. It may be saying the rosary in her honor. Or going out and doing some act of random kindness as a devotional deed.

For my part, I have lit a candle and I will be saying the rosary after I finish up some more of my chores for the day. I am finally making progress recovering from the flu. I am inclined to give credit to Dea for this given the timing and the fact that the one medication that I can actually take was one that was over the counter and not super expensive. (My life has gotten so complicated since the diabetes diagnosis. It's frustrating and confusing. I'm still learning how to cook proper meals for myself that don't have too many carbs. It's got a steep learning curve, to be honest.)

I hope that all of you find today to be filled with Dea's blessing and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment