Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Herbs, tools, and treasures: My favorite cane.

 Dear Reader,

This might sound a little odd, but I have a favorite cane. I bought it at an estate sale for three whole dollars. It is from the Adirondacks and is hand carved. It's a very simple thing, as you can see in the pic. But, what I love about this cane is that it can double as a magical staff. That might raise a few eyebrows. Most people think of magical staves as six foot long things with all sorts of doodads attached to them. In my book, simple is better.

It serves two purposes. First, it lets you carry a magical weapon on the sly. Second, it's highly portable unlike those six foot staves that will get you questions for store security if you carry them into your local grocery store. And, I'll be honest. it makes for a legit weapon on the sly too. If you take a look at the head of the cane, that'll give you a decent knock on the nose if needed. (The skinny end could also be good for poking or tripping people as well. I may not be a nice person because I have these thoughts.)

I honestly don't know what kind of wood it is made from. I do know, however, it is from the root end of a tree by the bark left on the handle end and the shape of it. I can use it to ground energy very effectively. I can also use it to draw up energy from the Earth easily (don't let the rubber stopper on the end fool you, that's just so I don't scuff up my in-law's floor when I visit). It's a bit unconventional but that's my thing. I'm the same witch that's used pencils as wands, I tend to improvise a lot. But, I love this cane. It fits perfectly in my hand and is just the right height. It also does an excellent job of transferring energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment