Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Sunday, July 16, 2023

Divination: Tarot - The Minor Arcana & The Suits

 Dear Reader,

After some careful consideration, I looked at my pile of tarot decks and decided that we were going to take a stroll through the minor arcana and the suits. I know that there is a lot you can pull out of these cards. Simply using the minor arcana alone (or a regular pack of playing cards) you can do a full tarot reading.

Much of what I am going to present here is going to be my basic interpretation of these cards and how they relate to each other. There are some cards that have ties to the Major Arcana, we will be exploring those too. Where most of my reading is intuitive, I do have a standard set of meanings that I work with as a base for my intuitive style. And they're a bit different from the 'standard' meanings as defined in the Rider-Waite decks.

Next week, we will start with the suits. You can condense an entire deck of tarot cards down to a single suit to do a reading. It has it's challenges but it is possible to be done. That, however, is something we are going to discuss later in the series of posts (I'll be going over different tarot spreads and how to draw information effectively from them. It'll be in a series of posts after we wander along through the suits and the minor arcana. Good things to look forward to!)

No comments:

Post a Comment