Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Sunday, January 27, 2019

Godspousery Notes: Keep trying.

Image from Pexels.com
I haven't been feeling well. It's been having an effect on my mood disorder along with the weather. On the whole, I've been just mildly depressed over the last few weeks. It has been exhausting. Last night, I was feeling rather disappointed about how I had so much to do and just not enough time, or so it seemed.

Frey made a very good point. I didn't have to do everything. I just had to keep trying. Some days I would get more done than I would on other days. Some days, I would get less done. I just had to give every day my best shot. Even gods couldn't ask more from me than what I could do.

Beloved, my mortal husband, regularly points out that I try my hardest and do my best every day. I had this silly idea that Frey and Loki would expect more than that. I suppose it is because the over culture that I live in teaches me that gods have demands that exceed our ability to meet them and that it is hubris to dare think that we can ever please them by just being our ordinary selves.

It was really sweet and I really appreciated that reminder that my best is good enough, even on days when I am not as able to do everything I had planned to do. I didn't really grow up with that message, so having it from multiple sources as an adult helps me remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment