Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Friday, July 26, 2019

Fifth disease, babysitting, and chaos.

Dear Reader,

My plans to have an organized and well written week on here got shot down by a string of unfortunate incidents. My youngest child has come down with Fifth disease. He's been home sick for the last few days and alternating between being his usual self and being upset because of how itchy and uncomfortable he's been. Keeping up with him has been something of a challenge. The boy's got a great deal of resilience in the face of most anything. Fifth disease is only serving to slow him down a bit. We're keeping him home from summer school for the week. While he is technically not in the contagious phase of this disease, he is so uncomfortable that it is hard to get him to focus on things.

Then there was the day that I did emergency babysitting for a neighbor and my writing plans for the day got tanked there. The young lady I was watching was very pleasant and well mannered. But I couldn't simply just assume that she was going to sit and do something like play legos while I sat writing for a half hour. She needed some one to entertain her, hence my not writing and spending my time talking with her.

Aside from that, my computer is beginning to act weird. I've run a virus scan on it. It says it is clean. So, I am beginning to think it may be time to back up documents in preparation for the computer to be wiped clean and have the operating system reinstalled. It's about seven years old. On windows machines, you kinda need to do the wipe everything and reinstall from time to time.  I am not entirely sure how I'm precisely going to go about backing up EVERYTHING but I know it is going to be a project and a half. I will likely be enlisting the assistance of my husband. He knows more about this stuff than I do.

On top of all of this, I have two birthday parties to plan and an anniversary party to start planning. Everything happens all at once, it seems. I'm trying to get back to posting on here more, but life keeps getting in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment