Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

July for Loki - Fashionably Late

Dear Reader,

In all the business of family obligations, summer school starting, and trying to catch up on household chores, I had quite forgotten about the July for Loki thing. Fortunately, I know that he's more bemused with this because I am always praying or thinking of him.

Currently, I have hit a block in my devotional writing pretty much entirely across the board. Loki's argument is that I have been repressing myself. It wasn't a pretty conversation between him and I. Loki did what he always does, tells the uncomfortable truth. I didn't enjoy it but the longer I sit with it the more I am forced to say that he is right.

A lot of people who are intimately involved with Loki don't talk about the rough times. It's kinda embarrassing to say that you've been called out on your bad habits and such. Loki is definitely one to do that. It happens a lot more than most will admit. Loki can be gentle, tender, and affectionate. He can also be a completely merciless taskmaster and push you to the limits of your abilities all for the sake of your growth and well being.

My recent argument with him was a fine example of him pushing back when I started to push the limits in the wrong way. Insisting that I'm perfectly fine and that there's nothing wrong is a bad habit of mine. It's deeply ingrained and Loki positively hates it. When I start to engage in it, he will get in my face over it. An angry Loki is as beautiful as a raging fire but equally disturbing. It's especially uncomfortable when he turned that attention full force on you because you were the one who put the bee in his bonnet, again.

It's part of any relationship that you get angry with each other and have arguments. Fortunately, the arguments are not an all the time thing because communication is more varied and he is an excellent communicator. He also tends to laugh when I get angry and just start spluttering which gets me laughing, despite how angry I may be, and that ends most of the arguments. Sometimes it makes me angrier but, anger doesn't last forever. And it's ok to be angry once in a while because emotions happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment