Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Thursday, July 18, 2019

July for Loki - Loki loves me, the wtf tells me so.

Dear Reader,

I'm one of those odd souls that is involved with a deity (two to be exact). No, I'm not a bored housewife playing make believe. And I'm not busily writing erotic fan fiction for Marvel!Loki for my to live vicariously through. (Though I did write a single Marvel!Loki fan fic piece at Loki's request. He thought it was a hilarious prospect.) But, I am in a relationship with Loki that looks a lot like what you'd think a long distance relationship looks like.

How does he communicate with me and express his feelings? Well, it can be by way of obvious signs or it can be through subtle things. One of the more consistent elements of the signs that he gives me is that they come through a little off kilter with the rest of the environment. It may be that someone walks by wearing a smart ass t-shirt with the exact thing I needed to hear on it. It may be that just a progression of weird but beneficial things happens over a period of time.

I am one of those psychics with what's popularly known as 'godphone' and we communicate via that method pretty often. I reality test my responses on my bad days. For a while I was concerned that 'godphone' was just my telling myself what I wanted to hear. Then while I was in the hospital for a major depressive episode with psychotic features (because my bipolar II sucks), I was having those doubts as I was hallucinating someone screaming at me that I should kill myself. With great trepidation, I asked for medication to help with that. A few minutes later, Loki said to me, "Can you hear me now?" That eradicated all of my doubt that 'godphone' was real.

But, even with my confidence that 'godphone' is legit, he still uses signs and omens to convey messages. After all, I'm not always at the phone listening. He expresses his affection through things like bad jokes, awful puns, and general humor. He tells me that I take life too seriously. He's probably right.

No comments:

Post a Comment