Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Moura - Day 13: The flu, I think.

Dear Reader,

I have come down with some kind of virus that has my body feeling like I've been beaten all over with a stick, my stomach roiling, and my sinuses in revolt. Now the sinuses thing could be my allergies being stupid. But I'm inclined to suspect that I have some form of the flu. This is very frustrating because I have spent most of my day swinging back and forth between feeling too warm and feeling like I'm freezing. My brain is so foggy that it's like thinking through mud. And the energy is just sapped out of me.

I'm still soaking the altar cloth to see if the vinegar can get the wax out. I haven't seen much progress. I don't know if I should add more vinegar or dump the vinegar out and pour really hot water over it. Some sites recommend dunking the thing in boiling water. I'm not sure if I want to subject my pots to this but I'm at a loss for ideas on how to get the wax out. Theoretically, I can use an iron on it but I am concerned that the iron will melt the acrylic yarn. (Because that is a thing that happens.)

I'm sitting still but feeling like the room is reeling around me. This and the exhausted feeling are what's keeping me from finishing off the dishes and scrubbing that darn tub. Beloved has reminded me of the following: Friend Computer strictly prohibits unauthorized pre-scheduled termination. (We're a couple of nerds. I have no idea how many of you have ever played the game Paranoia but it was something else.)

I slept most of the morning. I'm tempted to go take a nap right now but the kids are coming home from school. I don't know how I'm going to keep up with them. This morning, I passed out a few times because of how exhausted I was and my blood sugar was running high due to being sick. (It wasn't dangerously high, just enough to exaggerate the exhaustion from this stupid virus.) I hate being sick for so many reasons. The biggest one is the fact that it gets in the way of my getting things done.

Gods willing, I'll be feeling better tomorrow and up to making the special dinner that I have planned in honor of Med-Moura.

No comments:

Post a Comment