Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Monday, February 26, 2018

The Season of Moura

Right now, this is the beginning of the second week of the Filianic fifth season in the calendar and thirteenth month of the same name, Moura. It's a lot like Lent. With less mortification of the flesh and more focus upon spiritual alignment and cleansing.  This is the time for spring cleaning and getting your home ready for the celebration of Eastre.

It is also the time for establishing new habits. Moura is strongly associated with the janya Sai Rhavë. This is the janya that is associated with discipline, restriction, and limitation. The rune most closely associated with her is Nyd/Nauthiz (need). In a contradictory way, the rune of Isa (ice) is associated as is Thorn in their aspects of limitation and restriction. The tarot cards that could be associated with her is the eight of Swords, which depicts a bound person; the five of Coins, which depicts a pair of people in desperate poverty; or the nine of Rods, which depicts a person whose movement is limited by a wall of staves (in the case of the Barbara Walker Tarot, this wall of staves blocks the entrance of a cave wherein a figure sits).

This year, during Moura, I'm working on healing up from a fractured rib and my cleaning has been limited by this. It is, however, forcing me to rest and reengage in my spiritual practices, thereby building my personal discipline. I am also using the time to foster healthier eating habits and build a better way to manage my time in the light of my disability regularly making it hard for me to do so with out some form of a tool. My day planner had been working somewhat well but it is not quite right. So, I am trying to fix that.

The gods have made clear there is a reason why I fell and injured myself. And why I keep catching the same cold or have some other minor ailment that is just enough to force me to slow down and take care of myself. And what is that reason you ask, dear Reader. Well, to make me take better care of myself. Learning from experience seems to be part of the theme here as well as if I continue to be stubborn and insist I can force my way forward by pure will power, there will be consequences.

Déa is not subtle. Nor is Loki or Freyr. I've been having learning experiences and times of forced rest. It has been quite frustrating. I work on what I can as I can. Hence my post this evening. I am attempting to be as good of a student in this lesson as I can be. It is a hard lesson for me to learn, to be honest. This, however, is also part of Moura.

No comments:

Post a Comment