Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Sunday, June 3, 2018

Community Discussion: Filianic Polytheism?

Dear Reader,

I am unsure how to begin today's post. Reading what is being discussed in the Déanic and Filianic communities, I find myself struggling to feel like I have a place there. I am a person who believes in many gods. The technical term for it is polytheist. I am one of those polytheists who believes that all gods are valid. I tend to view it like the multiple universe theory from physics. There is quite likely an infinite number of possible universes where all things can be possible in these different universes. With respect to the Divine, I believe that there is an infinite number of deities and it is possible for them to have an infinite number of relationships with the infinite number of universes.

Thus, my faith may not be your faith, but it is ok. Because yours is valid and worthy, especially if it give you comfort in times of distress and helps you to become the best person you can be. So, yes, I do believe in Dea. I also believe in other gods. (It is my personal belief that Dea is the mother of all pantheons.) This does not diminish my belief in Dea. I do not think my belief in Dea diminishes my belief in the other gods. My belief is rooted in my experience of them. These experiences are my proof that they are real and have an interest in my well being and that of my family. It is perhaps controversial that I take this position, but I am a mystic and we do this sort of thing.

I'm still working my way through some difficult stuff, but I know that the gods will be there for me. I just have times where I am too caught up in what I'm dealing with to be aware of their presence.And that happens to all of us at some point in time in all of our relationships. At some point, we get so caught up in something that we get confused or forget that others are there for us and that they care. Especially when what we are dealing with is hard and causing us distress. But, that passes and things improve, eventually. The ones who care will remain with us through the hard stuff, helping us as they can and as we let them.

No comments:

Post a Comment