Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Monday, May 25, 2020

Godspousery notes: Listen!

Dear Reader,

I was in a grump for a bit of last week. I was frustrated with everything and feeling rather malcontent with life in general. That was when Loki told me to stop and listen. I was irritated but intrigued, so I stopped and I listened. I heard birds singing. I heard small animals making noises in the trees and the field out behind the house. I heard crickets making a chorus of noise. I heard the neighbors a few doors down mowing their lawn. I heard the trains over at the rail yard across the way making noise with the cars they were moving around. I listened intently to all of this and couldn't decipher a pattern to it all. My attention kept returning back to the wildlife because it was closer and louder.

I said to Loki, "I give up, what am I listening to or for?"

That's when Loki grinned and said, "That's the sound of everything desperately trying to get laid."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes and scoff. He was right, except for the sounds of the lawnmower and the trains. He just grinned at me. He knew and I knew that part of the reason why I was snappish and short tempered was frustration with intimacy due to hormonal shifts going on with this perimenopause business. I suppose he was letting me know that I wasn't alone in my frustration. 

He was decidedly smug about it all. I was doing my best to ignore my sexual frustration and focus on stuff that I could actually do something about. He apparently felt it important to remind me about it. But, I suppose, it goes to show, when gods tell you "Hey, LISTEN UP!" it is not always something earth shattering. Sometimes it is a bit of a jest. It's important to keep a sense of humor when you're in an intimate relationship, especially with deities.

No comments:

Post a Comment