Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Update on the Charity Works.

 Dear Friends,

I have no words to express my gratitude for your support. The preemie hats are due to go to a rural hospital that the big program I was a part of missed. I may start making more preemie hats to send to the other rural hospitals in the area. I'm still deciding.

I am in the process of locating local organizations that would distribute scarves to the needy. It's not quite as easy as I thought it would be. I am not going to be defeated by people being hard to contact and such. If I have to, I'll show up on their door step with a box of scarves and say 'Hi, you help people in need. Winter's coming, these will be useful.'

Having just gotten over Covid, everything I've made thus far is going to go through a wash on high heat (thank goodness acrylic can stand it and just gets softer with it). I think I have about a medium load of stuff to wash. It feels like it should be more, but all of these hats are so small.

I am also working on a preemie layette. I've been writing down the pattern. I'm going to include a note with it requesting that they hold onto it until Nov. 7 (approximately) so that the preemie born on my birthday gets their first birthday present from someone who was a micro-preemie. I'll be including a card for the family of the child. This idea hit me as I was wrestling with some super thin yarn. And it struck me as so perfect a way to close this project for me. A bit of love and good will to someone who is fighting the good fight from another who fought that fight is always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment