Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Apologies for Silence.

Hello Folks,

I have been ill. The cold that I had last weekend still remains as a lingering cough. I've been doing my best to get lots of rest and drink plenty of fluids to help the guaifenesin kick the congestion out of my chest. At the same time, I have been quite exhausted over the last week. Some of the reasons for my exhaustion have been this cold. Mostly, however, the problem is my depression.

I have Bipolar II and complex post-traumatic stress disorder. According to my psychiatrist, I qualify as disabled due to it. Most of the time, my depressive episodes are not incapacitating. While it makes it difficult, I still manage to function at a minimal level. (You don't want to see how the apartment looks on those days. Let's just say that the dishes get cleaned and the kids get to earn their cleaning rewards on those days and that's about it.) I generally don't talk about my disability because it makes people uncomfortable. I guess some folks worry that I'm contagious somehow.

But, the last week, I was a struggle to get out of bed. If I didn't have to put the kids on the bus, I would probably have just stayed asleep rather than get up at 6:30 every morning this week. My going out of the house was challenging, but I still made it to my doctor appointment and my eldest's parent-teacher conference. But they were exhausting for me and I had a hard time just staying present to keep track of the kids later in the day after that.

I am trying, very hard, to move forward and keep things rolling with this and the other blogs I run. I apologize for the fact that I have been so quiet. While this post is a bit different from the usual material, I felt that I owed you all a post and an explanation for what was going on. Thank you for your patience at this time. Thank you for your readership. And thank you for keeping me in your thoughts.

I hope next week is a better week. If it's not, I will still do my best to post at least something. It may be cat pictures, but cats are adorable so that still counts, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment