Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

A few thoughts & book update.

Dear Reader,

I hope that you are not to vexed with me. Things have been rather busy over here. I am almost caught up on a ton of housework. I have been helping my sons with a great deal of homework. (I am proud to say that my youngest child can multiply by nine now with a lot of confidence. He got 100% on his last two assignments. Also, my eldest is doing very well in science. He received high marks on his last test, which I think is in no small part due to the fact they were discussing magnets and electricity. Two things he is fascinated by right now, right after the Titianic.)

As I have been doing my best to be functional as a mom and a housewife despite my having a lot of anxiety problems over the last few weeks, I realized that I had fallen behind in my prayer journaling. When I flipped through my prayer journal to yesterday's date, I saw a lot of empty pages. Instead of being upset with myself for it, I decided that I was going to fill in those pages too. Every empty moment that I would have spent on Facebook looking at silly cat memes, I was using either to fold laundry (half done as of this moment, tons more to go) or write in my prayer journal. Next thing I know, I had half the laundry done, as I mentioned, and almost a week's worth of entries written down.

It was something of a shock to me this morning when I opened it up to write down my prayers for this morning. It made me feel a bit hopeful about everything to realize that I can get caught up. I am now only three weeks behind in my journaling. I think I can get this up to the current date in a few days if I can sustain this rate of writing.

Speaking of writing, I am unfortunately going to have to postpone the release of my book of visions titled Drowning in Light. There were some major format problems in it that necessitated a complete rewrite. I am presently working on that. I think I may have it done sometime mid-spring. I apologize to anyone who was super excited and eagerly looking forward to it. As things improve, I will update you with new information.

Thank you so much for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment