Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Godspousery Notes: Physician, Heal thy self.

Spirit work is work. It is hard at times. It is grueling and awful at others. Sometimes, spirit work intersects with other forms of work. For me, there are three major points of intersect on my spirit work and 'mundane' work that I am doing. Presently, the biggest point of intersect has been my work on improving my mental health. Namely managing my three psychological disorders (post-traumatic stress disorder, bipolar disorder, and seasonal affective disorder). I find myself at times in a position where I am struggling mightily and Freyr and Loki are bearing witness to my efforts. Sometimes they give encouragement. Sometimes they give suggestions. Most of the time, they are just present and affirming I am valid and important by simply existing.

After this comes the point of intersect between spirit work and managing my physical health. Falling down the front steps and fracturing a rib when my shovel kindly caught me has forced me to slow down and be more aware of my body. The PTSD tends to have me less aware of my body. But, the combination of being more aware of my body and the concerted effort to make myself healthier are both strongly encouraged by Freyr and Loki. Having decided this was the year I was going to get things done, I started my list with getting healthier. And I set a list of markers by which I could tell I was doing so. Freyr and Loki have been helping me set realistic and healthy goals for myself, as well as sticking to those goals. Some of them have been harder to do than others with this rib business. (I saw the doctor yesterday and he said I'm almost fully healed. Another week or two and I should be right as rain.)

The third point of intersect is between spirit work and my writing. I'm being called to write about things like my spiritual life vs. my mental health conditions. I'm being encouraged to finish manuscripts I started years ago about things like dream interpretation and being psychic. Interestingly enough, there's a lot of cross-platform spiritual work going on between the three modes of spirit work. The most active one right now is between managing my mental health and my writing and my spiritual work. Last summer it was physical health, mental health, and spiritual work.

No comments:

Post a Comment