Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

The problem with precognition.

Dear Reader,

Perhaps you have experienced precognition. Maybe you're not familiar with this term for a very common experience. It is also known as déjà vu which comes from French and means 'to have seen before'. It is perhaps the most common of psychic experiences.

There's one wee problem with precognition. Context is always hard to pin down. You may have a very vivid dream and it includes details that you later see in your waking life. The trick is, knowing that precognition is about to happen and what it means is two very different things. It may be as simple as watching a pencil roll off your desk at work in the exact way you dreamed about it happening two nights before. It may be a gut feeling that something is about to happen and then watching that pencil roll off the desk. In both cases, however, you're left wondering what's the meaning behind the pencil falling off the desk?

Sometimes precognition is just random and you're not going to find a pattern in it. Other times, there is a distinct pattern that you only recognize after the fact. I think that when precognition happens with a pattern, your subconscious mind is trying desperately to warn you of something but your conscious mind is scrambling the message before it gets through.

I think that our subconscious mind has incredible capacities beyond what we really are aware of. Precognition is but one example of that untapped potential. It is my experience that keeping a dream journal helps facilitate communication between the conscious and unconscious mind. And at times, that helps me figure out when the pencil rolling off of the desk is a warning of something big about to happen in my life. But, there are times when the pencil rolling off the desk is just a psychic sound check to make sure all systems are functioning. Thus, I keep a record of my psychic experiences so that I can identify patterns and use those patterns to predict future patterns as they emerge.

I've had some success with it. I can't claim that I'm going to get the winning lotto numbers. But I can say that I have had success avoiding household messes because my precognition warned me a pot was about to boil over. Given that this was with the stove that had issues with trying to light itself on fire, perhaps that bit of precognition was enough to keep another fire incident from happening. (That stove has long since been replaced and the current one is far superior. We still keep two fire extinguishers in the kitchen because I'm mildly paranoid.)

But, keep a log, track patterns, and maybe you'll find your precognition is actually useful from time to time. And always listen to your intuition.

No comments:

Post a Comment