Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Vintage Veiling: Lacy Fascinator notes.

Dear Reader,

I've been wrestling with that darn pattern. Changing hook sizes and yarn sizes in an attempt to get the fabric to open up into that 'lacy' look that it has on the original pattern images. I have also tried really aggressive blocking. I am forced to admit defeat. Apparently this requires a yarn that is no longer in production for me to get this to work out right. I've tried everything I've got from baby yarn to gauge ten thread. Nothing works up in to a lace pattern. Only thing that came close to it was when I made the mistake on my last attempt and I was working moss stitch and a variation through out the whole thing. But that was too much openwork for it to have the look it was supposed to.

So, I have frogged this project multiple times and decided that I am going to move on to a different pattern from the vintage crochet site. The only yarn I haven't used is my handspun but that is because it is even finer than the cotton thread. In my frustration right now, I have moved on to a simple triangular kerchief pattern and am expanding it into a triangular shawl. This is something I can do with out wanting to throw the whole project across the room.

The kerchief pattern is on Ravelry. It's just a basic top down double crochet triangle with a button fastening once it is large enough to fit comfortably on your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment