Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Sunday, February 2, 2020

Blessed Lucaid & Imbolg

Image courtesy of Irina Anastasiu at Pexels.com
Dear Reader,

Today is an auspicious day. It is the holy day of Lucaid, the Feast of Lights. It is also known as Imbolg (there are many variant spellings of Imbolg, such as Imbolc) in the Wiccan tradition. In Wicca, it is considered the very beginning of spring. In Filianism, it is considered the beginning of the end of winter.

Among the things I have done today is blessed my candles for the year that they might carry Divine light through their own light and lend its strength to any spell working I may do with them.

I celebrate Lucaid a day late because pretty much every year something comes up on the date of the first of February that tanks my plans to celebrate that day. In addition to blessing my candles, I meditated upon the Holy Daughter as the bringer of Divine Light into the descended world. It is a little descent compared to the greater descent into the Netherworld. I gave thanks for the light of Déa that resides within myself and all that exist. I gave thanks for the increasing light of the Sun as we draw closer to the Spring Equinox. I also gave thanks for all of the good things that I have in my life right now.

I did not make a Bride's Bed or lay out a willow wand to be blessed, as some others may do. I did not weave a Bridget's cross. I'd like to do that at some point in time, but I lack the green rushes to do so. I may possibly weave one out of wheat stalks one year. I'm not decided on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment