Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Monday, August 17, 2020

Godspouses and others in relationships with deities are NOT delusional.

 Dear Reader,

I've waded into a fight brewing on Tumblr. There is a person asserting that all godspouses are delusional. They're rather nasty about it. They have gone so far as to imply that if I truly believe that I am in a relationship with a god that I am being decieved by a demon. I laughed. I reminded them that one of Loki's kennings is the Lie-Smith and that he's painted by Snorri Sturlson as the big baddie in the tale of Ragnarok. I said that they had best provide proof that it was some manner of demon.

For my part, I illustrated something of the daily dynamic between Loki and I. I didn't even bother bringing Freyr into the picture because I figured their head was going to explode. Then I addressed their continuing assertion that I was delusional by explaining that while I struggle with mental illness the clarity that comes when I'm not stuck in delusional thinking was intimately tied to my relationship with Loki. I explained what exactly my deleusional thinking patterns are and where they stem from. I didn't bother mentioning that in a manic state, I start panic cleaning and organizing everything in my home, much to Loki's consternation and exasperation. Again, I thought it would be a bit too much for them to handle.

They say "prove that your relationship with Loki is real" so I demonstrated it. Everything from the time he manifested and pulled me out of oncoming traffic to him teasing me about the kids leaving dirty socks hiding everywhere and that my coffee isn't strong enough because you can't strip paint with it. Loki and I have a very 'domestic' relationship. He comes and goes as he will. He's got god-things to do and I do my best to stay out of the way. (This sometimes leads to a bit of getting my ears pinned back when I'm struggling and not seeking out help because I don't want to be a burden.)

But this person is going to scoff at it all and declare it all the over active imagination of a bored housewife. I'm still going to wade into the fray and deal with their repetitive scorn because somebody has to stand up to them. One person in the Lokean community is doing good work on that front. They should have someone to back them up on this. If there are others who are on Tumblr and willing to join this, please do. I suspect that this person is an evangelical/dominionist Christian troll. Their comment about demons and their malformed understanding of how the relationships between oathed clergy and lay people within other branches of Christianity is what has me suspecting this. Their troll game is rather weak compared to what I've seen rank newbie Discordians play.

No comments:

Post a Comment