Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Baby Steps: Continuing work on Sacred Texts

 Dear Reader,

I have just finished mashing together the three existent versions of the Clear Recital that I could get my hands on. I have completed my first round of line edits and I need a cup of tea. On one hand, it was fairly easy work because 98% of all three documents agreed with each other. That made me feel a bit redundant and silly as I was working. On the other hand, the language used in each of the texts was heavy and difficult to read in various different sections. 

So, I have been spending my time editing to make things easier to read, weeding out typos, and correcting some stylistic elements (that I hope were stylistic elements and not horrific grammar in a few cases) so that the entire text flows better. I will be taking the liberty of putting the Holy Mythos as its own 'book' and then the Teachings of the Daughter as its own 'book'. I am seriously debating removing the parables at the end of the Teachings of the Daughter and inserting them at the beginning.

On one hand, rearranging the order of the texts with out making major change to the content is a fairly minor process. Each person who has sat down to work on the Clear Recital has had to make decisions as to how to order the wisdom texts. The more I think about it, placing the parables closer to the beginning helps the work flow from the Holy Mythos more clearly into the Teachings of the Daughter. I know that one thing I am going to make sure I do is put the Sermon of the Apple Seed first. Probably then the parable of The Child followed by the Foolish Maiden. I know that the Crystal Tablet needs to be paired with the Pillar of Light to make sense.

I'm still working on this. I'm not sure when exactly I'll have this complete. I just finished my first line edits of the work as it stands right now. I haven't really reorganized anything yet in the wisdom texts. I'm still determining the most logical way they flow from one into the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment