Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Baby Steps: Reinterpreting the Sacred Texts

 Dear Reader,

Because the Clear Recital is a living document, there are different versions available for different sects of Filianism and Déanism. As I have been spending the last several months studying the available texts, I came to the realization that it was acceptable to develop another version of the Clear Recitial that illuminates the roles of spirits and other higher beings in service (and relationship) to Déa. It was a nerve wracking thought to reinterpret the holy scriptures. But then I realized that I would be doing a disservice if I did not contribute to the body of literature that is the Clear Recital with the knowledge that Déa has revealed to me directly and through others.

I'm currently working on the sacred mythos. It is my humble attempt to make the narrative easier to follow and illuminate the darkness that Our Lady passed through to reach her goal. The most upsetting part was writing the confrontation between Our Lady and the Dark Queen's daughters. I'm tempted to just give up working on this for the day because of how saddening it was. I know that the coming chapter of the mythos is a light of hope. So, I will continue my efforts. 

I anticipate minor changes to the wisdom texts. This is because in my readings, it seems that the Lux Madrian community was moving towards an all inclusive gender reading of these texts. I will still use the term 'maid' as they did, a subsitute for all of humankind. But I will be noting this at the forward of that section rather than at the conclusion as others have in their interpretations of the texts.

It is not my intent to take away from the Clear Recital. It is my intent to help polish the mirror we have been given by Déa in this text so that it may more fully reflect her light. My research in earnest over the last month has sown in my heart a deep affection Madrian community. As I compare the ECE and the NCUV, I find gems in them that go back to that community which lifts my heart and tells me that I am on the correct path.

The version of the Clear Recital that I am working on is but a wave that reflects and is filled with the light of Déa. All the works of wisdom of all the religions are like yet more waves that do the same, some with greater success than others. It is my hope that the Truth that is the ocean these waves populate will shine through in my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment