Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Friday, August 6, 2021

Recommendations: Check and then double check your schedule.

 Dear Reader,

This week has been madness. Appointments and other people screwing things up makes it really hard to stay on task. It would have worked better if I had those appointments written down properly. If you think you have the time to do a thing, check your schedule and then check it again as it draws close to the date in question. Trust me, it will save you a big headache. There's lots of scheduling and organization systems out there. I've tried a few and modified a few to fit my purposes. What I'm using now is a mash up of FlyLady's system and Ryder Carrol's Bullet Journal system. My binder has a whole lot of notes in it and tons of little boxes I mark off as I get things done.

I also cross reference everything against the wall calendar that has the master schedule for the month on it. All the appointments, when bills are due, and major events all put down in one place. (My planner has a monthly page like that too but it's just easier to look at the calendar every day instead of flipping through the planner.) Sometimes, your week goes haywire because of other people screwing something up. (Yesterday was a great example as I tried to figure out what in the nine hells was going on with my health insurance company. I spent my whole afternoon clawing my way through phone trees to get answers instead of being on Keen and doing tarot readings. It was not fun. I don't recommend it. The hold music was pure torture.)

But, always check your schedule. Don't rely on your memory to keep you on track because our brains will tell us that everything's fine when in actually, there's a meeting or something lurking in the wings waiting to ambush you. What ever system you have for keeping track of everything, may it be awesome and helpful. And may life not ambush you several days in a row, like what happened this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment