Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

30 Days for Freyr? Book projects? What to do?

I attempted July for Loki again this year and made it through most of the month. I have been getting a push to do the 30 Days for Freyr meme. I am not going to do it all in the month of August, however. I have so much going on between the kids, back to school, and all of the business of being SAHM, I am pretty sure that I can not manage 30 consecutive days of original content regarding one topic.

I will be blogging more about Filianic topics in the near future. I have a post that I wanted to make last weekend about Chelanya, Freyfaxi, and Lughnassadh. I only have the bare bones of an outline kicking around in my notebook. I'm hoping that I will get enough quiet time tomorrow to write it. I have some meditations regarding Dea as Mother and Dark Mother. I am also working on compiling more prayers and meditations as I go through the year. It is my hope to share some of them as well.

Amongst the writing that I have in progress, I am collecting my visions and the interpretations of said visions into a manuscript. It is a bit slow going because I am ploughing through approximately twenty years of notes. It kinda amazes me when I look at the sheer volume of paper that I have acquired over the years. At some point, I will have to convert it to digital format for the sake of organization. But, I did reference the work in progress in A Year with Dea. It is my goal to have it completed and to market by the Autumnal Equinox. As of right now, it is about 25% finished.

I expect that once school is in session I will get a ton of work done on it in fairly short order.

2 comments:

  1. Having Hausblot/Mabon ritual ADF style. Any good sources for prayera in old Norse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I can not assist you with this. I would recommend, however, looking into the writings of Northern Tradition authors such as Galina Krasskova and Raven Kaldera. I have found a good deal of inspiration from their works. You also may find inspiration from Heather Freysdotter's blog ( https://lokisbruid.wordpress.com/ ). She is currently participating in the 30 days for Freyr thing as well. If nothing else, they might be able to point you in the right direction for more information.

    ReplyDelete