Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Saturday, July 7, 2018

Godspousery Notes: A Witch's Rosary.

So, I was super anxious yesterday when Loki gently encouraged me to make something. (Read drained my computer battery to the point it needed to charge and refused to let me post on twitter or anywhere else because my internet connection suddenly went on the fritz.) I got out my beading stuff and decided I was going to attempt to learn how to do a new beading technique. Next thing I know, I have a four decade 'rosary' with a pentacle hanging off as the terminal.

Loki then says, "There. Now you have a tool for spell casting you can take anywhere. And use for meditating on anything with out much notice from anyone. But those spells, though..."


Behold my children's glorious artwork on the cabinets behind me! My hand is covering up the reindeer with three horns and three eyes. It is awesome.

About the witch's rosary: the connector is silver plated with glass beads on it. It is recycled from broken jewelry. The pentacle terminal is recycled jewelry. The first decade is for the element of Water. The 'hail' beads are recycled faceted plastic and the spacer beads between them are blue glass seed beads that I got as a gift ages ago from a friend. The spacer bead between the 'paternoster' bead is a light blue colored tube style bead with the larger bead being green glass. The next decade has yellow spacer beads for Fire. The decade after has white spacer beads for Air. And the final decade has black spacer beads for Earth.

I will be doing more spell casting in the near future. Partly because I have to get back into the habit and partly because I've been directed to do so by multiple deities. This is my newest tool. I'll post next Wednesday how it works and a better picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment