Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Thursday, July 5, 2018

Taking a break from writing, to write some more.

Gentle Reader,

I am presently working on writing a book. I've managed to write myself into a corner. Thus, I am posting here to give you all an update on how things are going. My doctors have made some adjustments to the medications I am taking. Fortunately, my mercurial health insurance company agreed to go along with these changes. As such, I am on the path to better health.

The diabetes thing is still very much a work in progress. My blood sugar numbers are beginning to come into the range of  'normal' as long as I maintain my strict dietary protocol. I have lost a significant amount of weight in the process of it all. My general practitioner is of the opinion that there may need to be further medication adjustments made. I see him in a month and a half to assess what progress has been made. It is a struggle that I refuse to lose. I simply can not accept the idea that I'm going to lose my health and welfare because my pancreas is not working properly. I know of many diabetic people who are healthy and manage their condition well. It is my goal to be among them.

My depression is much improved with the help of my psychiatrist. Having a doctor that actually listens to me is a wondrous thing. I am not going to say I am entirely past the depressive episode, but I think once I adjust to the new medication situation I will be. Just another week or so. I know that I am improving because I am writing again and I have a little less despair over everything. I am a touch stumped on how to proceed forward with this blog. I have a poll that you can take that would help me out a great deal.

We are currently dealing with oppressive heat and humidity. Fortunately, I haven't been a ball of pain due to migraines. I'm not sure if that will happen when the front finally comes through and the heat wave breaks. Still, things are improving to the point that I am able to see clearly with out my glasses for the most part and I can keep up with my busy children (and almost as busy husband). This is a huge improvement over where I was at just a month ago. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. I am sure they helped as much as the assistance of my care providers.

Yours in gratitude,

Deb aka Cydira aka The Veiled Witch

No comments:

Post a Comment