Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Monday, July 30, 2018

Sacred Text Transcription Project.

Dear Reader,

I am at work on a project that I know will interest you. I am making a handwritten transcription of The Gospel of Our Mother God. I'm presently at work on copying over the holy mythos of the Daughter. The book I am using for this has room for me also transcribe at least one other version of the sacred texts of the Filianic/Déanic faith.

My goals with this project are two fold.First, it is a meditative act of devotion. Secondly, it is for me to make notes comparing the different versions of the texts. I'd like to eventually have as full of a set of text variations as I can acquire and copy. This is a desire of mine because I want to study the texts as deeply as I can and I want to cross reference the different variations and, if possible, come up with an annotated set of texts that I can study when I hit a quandary in life.

I have decided on a red hard bound book for this project with archival quality paper and I have been using pens with archival quality ink. When I have filled this book up, I will be recopying it with pen and ink onto a blank book with archival quality paper and illuminating it. I expect this to be a very much long term project. I am thinking about making pages with black-work (embroidery technique) like ornamentation and reserving color for miniature figures and such. This part of the project, however, is still in the idea stage. The initial transcription into the red book is where my focus right now lies.

Blessings upon you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment