Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Video 13 & 14: Rosary Magic.

Dear Reader,

Rosaries have been used for prayer since antiquity. They are part of a long history of using a set of beads to count prayers and meditative phrases. Most people are familiar with the Catholic Christian rosary. The five decade rosary is the most commonly seen one and the practice of praying the rosary is associated with everything from holy devotion to Mary to penance for sins. The Catholic rosary is the inspiration of the Anglican four week prayer beads. Where the beads between the Our Father beads on a Catholic rosary has ten in number on the Anglican one there are seven.  It is argued that both were inspired by the Orthodox Christian prayer rope of 33 knots.

The Filianic rosary is structured quite similarly to the Catholic rosary. The terminal bead is not a cross or a crucifix. It can be a pentacle, as in the one that I show, or a goddess figure as I have on my one that I keep in my purse. The prayers are adapted from the Catholic rosary as that is what most people are familiar with. But there are new prayers being developed for the Filianic rosary by different sects of Filianism. I try to make a weekly habit of praying the Filianic rosary on Monday's (Sai Candrë's day). This is partly because I feel called to this form of devotion and partly because I feel that it is a valuable part of my prayer life that I can use to make changes in the world.

How can one make change through praying the rosary? Well, it is a form of magic. Repeated prayers with a focus upon a given change will encourage said change to happen in the universe. Doing so often makes that change more likely to happen faster.


The above video gives a rough overview of these matters. I also attempt to describe what I stated earlier.



This video is a sampling of my collection of rosaries. (This is actually only a small part of my collection.) I also begin to explain how to use a rosary. I discuss rosary prayers in my book Rose Petals: A Filianic Psalter. I'm currently working on a book discussing rosary prayers and rosary magic in specific. That should be available late Autumn/early Winter as an e-book.

No comments:

Post a Comment