Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Godspousery Notes: An average day.

Dear Reader,

It strikes me that it may seem like I'm in contact with the gods all the time all day. They're in and out over the course of the day. On a typical day, I get up, say a morning prayer to Dea and then start my morning routine. I get the kids up and get them started on their morning routine. After breakfast, I pack Beloved's lunch and supervise the kids as they finish up their morning thing.

During the school year, I send the kids off to school after this. During the summer, they get some free play time and I start work on my morning chores. Then I do some journal writing. Some mornings, the gods pop in with suggestions to help make things more smoothly or to help clam me down if I am having a bad anxiety day. Usually, however, they and the spirits tend to stay out of the way until the morning has calmed down and I can devote my time to them. This is around when I finish up my journal writing.

I spend some time in prayer every morning before I start on my first writing session of the day. During that time, the gods and spirits make their presence known. Sometimes they are just popping in to say hello and other times they will make time to actually have a conversation. Most of the day, after my prayer session, they're all out doing their own thing as I am running through my daily routine.

Sometimes, they'll just be with me and do their own thing in the same room or space. When I take my morning walk, Freyr is usually walking with me. He's been encouraging me to get back to doing yoga twice a day because my arthritis is starting to make itself known again. Again, he is usually with me as I'm doing it. Some times he's just there with me but more often, he is giving me suggestions for how to do the stretches better and reminding me to keep proper posture. We'll just enjoy each other's company as I am walking but yoga and exercise that is more vigorous than walking is serious business and Freyr will act kinda like a personal trainer. Given that taking care of my physical health is a devotional thing he wants me to do, this really isn't surprising.

Loki is like a cat. He comes and goes as he will. When he is around, he may be watching me work and making sassy comments as we banter back and forth. Or, he may be giving me serious suggestions for how to change my approach to improve what I'm doing. When Loki gets serious about something, I know that it is something I should be serious about. There has been a time or two where he puts on his serious game face and says something absolutely ridiculous and starts laughing when I fall for it. But, Loki likes to joke around. He says I'm too serious about everything. He's probably right.

Afternoon and evening are when they are about most. It's more social with them around. Loki will make suggestions about cooking. Freyr will be doing stuff with my plants or watching the kids play with great fondness. In the time between when I spend some quiet time with Beloved and when I fall asleep, that is time just for them. Again, we may talk about anything or just spend some time together. Sometimes we spirit journey to places. Sometimes we just stay here and cuddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment