Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Veiling: DIY veils

Gentle Reader,

Because one of the original focus points for this blog was veiling, I wanted to start posting things on this topic. I have had times where I needed to get creative in how I was approaching making or wearing a head covering. Some times necessity is the mother of invention. If you happen to have a standard sized cafe curtain that is square in shape, with the curtain rod pocket instead of tabs, you can fold it in half and make it up into a crown style tichel like cover.

With a single yard of faux velvet, I made a himaiaton to go with a Grecian based costume I wore one year for a holiday gathering. It is still one of my favorite covers for prayer. It is wonderfully cozy and warm. Which is really good in the winter time. I'm still trying to figure out what yarn I want to use to knit one. (I knit really slow, so the fact that I am seriously considering knitting one should tell you how much I love this thing.)

Apron style tichels are pretty awesome too. There are lots of great patterns on the internet for them. Best part, most of the patterns that I have found are free. All you need is a few yards of fabric, a pair of scissors, and the stuff to do a little sewing. It is all straight seams and looks fantastic in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment