Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Saturday, September 22, 2018

Godspousery Notes: Let it go.

I was having a moment of anger with someone dear to me. It was such intense anger I was on the verge of starting an argument over it. And then Ingvi said to me, "Let it go. It is such a small thing to be angry over. For how long have you loved them? For how long have you been angered over this? Such a vast difference. And the matter you are angered over? It is simply life unfolding as it does. A small problem to be resolved with simple words. There is no need for anger, just let it go."

So, I let it go. And beneath the anger, the frustration, and the sense of unfairness, I saw that I was tired. And that I didn't know how to ask for help with the things that I was struggling with. My anger was with the fact that I didn't have the words except for angry things.

Anger feeds on anger. Sometimes, you just have to let it go and look at what is beneath it.

No comments:

Post a Comment